Friday, October 9, 2015

Blog of 10/9/15 (Life Line Poem)

My Inspiration

I remember every since I was born.
I doubted my birth...
Does God hate me? 
Did he curse me before birth? 

Though, me and my family 
Were living in a desperate time
Among desperate people
Among wars
Among famine 
Among epidemics

I still remember my father telling me
If you have enough desire to
outwork all other students
and you never give up, 
you will win the race
one day

My father had gotten 
The 2nd highest score 
Out of everyone...
He wasn't a full pledged doctor 
But he did everything a full pledged 
doctor would do.
So I did my best to follow in his footsteps
I never could imagine where those footsteps
Would lead me

My father used to tell me
It is painful for you now, 
but believe me, 
the day will come when you will thank me.

And I do father,
Thank you


No comments:

Post a Comment