Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Berlin Memorial Blog 2/4/16

Prompt: 
1- What did you learn?
2- Why do you think this monument was built?
3- What did you notice about the number of laws passed in certain years?
4- Which restrictions do you think you would have the most trouble dealing with and why?

           One of the many things I learn is how the Germans changed the whole lifestyle of the Jewish. The Germans made their lives almost impossible to live. They took away their entertainment, education, rights, jobs, etc. Basically it was almost impossible for them to live, they weren't able to do anything. Also, in some years they passed way more laws then in other years. In other years they passed a little bit of laws or in some years they didn't pass any laws at all. Throughout this activity I learned a lot about the Nuremberg Laws and how the Jewish lived back then. 

          I learned a lot about how difficult it was for the Jewish people to live back then. It was almost impossible since they really couldn't do anything for themselves. The Germans had literally restricted them from everything. They couldn't even work anymore, meaning they couldn't earn any money. Without any money  they couldn't buy food, clothes, etc. Many Jewish people died because they weren't able to obtain their basic needs. These laws killed many Jewish. I learned all of the pain and suffering the Jewish had to through. I knew the Jewish went through much pain but I had no idea that they had suffered this much with the Nuremberg Laws. 

          I think that this monument was built because since in 1945 they destroyed all evidence of the Nuremberg laws they wanted to keep some evidence alive. They probably wanted to show some respect for all the misery the Jewish people had to go through. That's why they kept some evidence of the Nuremberg laws by putting them up on lampposts. Like a remembrance to all pain the Jewish people had to go through. The Germans probably felt bad for all they made them go through and they realized that all of Germany's problems weren't because of them. Since they had never done anything to Germany, I think this monument was built to remember all of the pain the Germans put the Jewish through.

          I noticed that throughout the years there was some particular years in which there was many laws made. In some years there was barely or no laws made. There's an odd pattern throughout the years on the number of laws made.  Though, I think that during the years that the most laws were made, there was some sort of uprising. I think this because why would they make so many laws in only one year? I think the Jewish were trying to make an uprising but the Nazis stopped them by making more laws which made it more complicated for them to make some sort of uprising.

         I think that the restrictions I would have the most trouble with would be being expelled from sport clubs (1933) and that Aryan and non-Aryan kids wouldn't be able to play together (1938). I would have trouble with not being able to play in sport because I'm athletic. My favorite sport is soccer and for me it would be difficult not being able to play that anymore just because of my religion. The law itself doesn't even make sense. Also, I would have trouble not being able to play with other kids because honestly I can talk to anyone no matter what religion they are. I'm not a very social person but to me religion doesn't matter as long as you're nice to me, I'll treat you nicely too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment