Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Blog of 12/16/15



To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Prompt: How has this book changed you? What are your thoughts on it?


          This book has changed me a lot. It's taught me to see things from other people's point of view, to live in the now and worry less about later on, and to not judge other people. Before I read this book I used to think that were too dramatic when they told me their problems. I though they were just exaggerating and that I had it worse then them. After I read this book it made me realize that some people do really have it worse then me and that I should put myself in their own shoes. I have learned that I need to understand people's problems more and that I should put myself in their situation. 

           The second thing that I've learned from this book is to focus on the now and worry a little less on the future. I can really relate to this because sometimes I get so caught up with my homework, sports, tests, etc. that I forget to have fun. It's taught me that it's okay to worry about school and your future but don't forget to have fun too. Thanks to my so many tests, I haven't been hanging out with my friends. Now that most of my tests are done, I can finally hang out with my friends. For example, today I went ice skating with my friends, it was really fun. I had forgotten how fun it was to hangout with them, and it felt really nice to have a break once in a while.

            The third thing that I've learned from this book is to not judge people before judging yourself. This can literally relate to anyone. Most people have the tendency of judging people on their actions and looks but sometimes they are doing the same thing. It's taught me that before I judge anyone on their flaws to look at my own flaws and realize that we could be the same. It kind of like the quote "don't judge a book by it's cover" because you can't really judge a person when you don't even know them. This book has taught me a lot of important lessons.




No comments:

Post a Comment