Saturday, April 9, 2016

3rd Quarter Reflection Blog

Prompt: 
- *In what area do you think you made your biggest improvements in English Language Arts? 

- What strategies have benefited you?
- *What is something you have accomplished this quarter that you are proud of?
- *What has been the most challenging part of 3rd Quarter for you and what did/can you do to help overcome this?
          The areas that I think I made my biggest improvements in is probably punctuation and in writing. Punctuation is a big improvement for me because sometimes I forget how to correctly puncuate titles and books. I keep mixing up the correct punctuation of a title with the correct punctuation of a book. The mini lesson that we had during the quarter really helped me out and throughout the  quarter I've been taught on how to correctly punctuate titles, books, movies, etc. Now I know which punctuation is for each. I've also made a big improvement in my writing. The TIQA method is still a strategy that has benefitted me. Last quarter the TIQA method helped me improve my writing a lot. This quarter I've learned to write using the TIQA method but with a smoother flow to it. Last quarter I began using the TIQA method in my writing but sometimes the sentences didn't go that well together. Now I'm able to write more smoothly than before.

          Something that I've accomplished this quarter that I'm proud of is my Holocaust butterfly and my argumentative essay. I'm really proud of how my Holocaust butterfly ended up looking like. I put a lot of effort into annotating and interpreting what my poem's meaning was. Then I spent around 10-11 hours buying the supplies I need for my butterfly and creating it. Another thing that I'm proud of making is my argumentative essay. I worked really hard on researching my topic and creating it. I think I made a huge improvement from last year's argumentative paper to this one. I've learned a lot this year which has helped me more as a person and as a writer.

          The most challenging part of the third quarter for me was that I'm not up to date on all of my reading. This quarter for some reason I haven't really been reading a lot. There's many books out there that I want to read but I haven't had the time. Now that PARCC is here, I now have the time to read after I finish my test. I have to work on organizing my time so I can at least spend 20 minutes reading a book. 


No comments:

Post a Comment