Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Tuesday's with Morrie - Bucket List Blog 4/20/16

Prompt: What are your initial reactions to what you have read in Tuesdays with Morrie thus far? One of the main themes developing in Tuesdays with Morrie is not to take your life for granted. Based on this premise, what is on your Bucketlist? 

           My initial reaction to what've read so far is that the book really seems interesting. In the beginning I thought it was going to be one of those typical books where it's a young kid being mean to an old man and then they begin having a friendship. Then later on the man dies and the kid regrets being mean to him. I was completely wrong. This story really seems interesting. It seems really painful to be living with ALS. You start to slowly lose your own life. Your body is dying and you feel it but your soul is still alive. I feel so bad for the people with that condition. I can't even believe that this story is actually based off a true story.


          

           Another initial thought I had was that I have never seen such a teacher and student relationship be so close. Most student and teacher and relationships are close but they aren't like Mitch and Morrie's relationship. Their relationship was so close that Morrie actually cried when Mitch left and graduated. It surprised me that after Mitch graduated he just went along with life without ever talking to Morrie again. It's sad that when such a close relationship can fade away just because of the distance. I was very glad when they finally reunited after sixteen years.

           Just by reading the beginning of the book makes me realize that no one should take their life for granted. You were given this life for a reason and you should live it up to the best of your advantage. You never know when it will be taken away or when you will become very ill. It makes me think of all the things I want to do in life. Here are some:


My Bucket List:


  • Get a German Shepard or a husky
  • Travel to Europe and Central America
  • Graduate High school
  • Graduate college 
  • Get married
  • Have 2 kids 
  • Meet Luis Coronel
  • Get my own house
  • Get a job
  • Get a driver's license 
  • Work at Google or Apple
  • Meet Neymar 
  • Meet Luis Montez
  • Go to prom
  • Do something to my hair (such as cut it short, dye it some crazy color, etc.)
  • Meet German Garmendia 
  • Meet Steph Curry
  • Go to Japan
  • Have a six pack
  • Visit at least 25 states

No comments:

Post a Comment