Friday, October 17, 2014

1st Quater Reflection

My Reflection....

The 1st quarter of the year went by pretty fast. I think that we made a lost of process during that quarter. During that first quarter I started my 40 book challenge, and so far I have read thirteen out of forty books. I hope that by the end of the 2nd quarter I can double that.

In the 1st quarter I also progressed in annotating. At the beginning of the school year I had no idea what annotating even meant. But now annotating helps me keep all my ideas and thoughts organized. I use annotating every week on my article of the week. At first annotating was kinda hard for me because I didn't really understand what was important and what was not. But now annotating was become really easy for me.

I have increased my vocabulary a lot. All those prefix and vocabulary tests that I had during the first quarter help increase my vocabulary a lot. I have learned a lot of new words that at first I had no idea what they meant. The Greek and Latin root words help me too. It helped me because when I am reading a book and I don't understand a word, I look at it's prefix and it helps me understand the word. The 1st quarter has help me increase my learning by a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment