Thursday, February 5, 2015

Book Talk 2/3/15

Book Talk for Go Ask Alice
Written Transcript
Go Ask Alice by Anonymous
Genre: Realistic Fiction

          The book I will be doing this book talk on is “Go Ask Alice”. The author of this book is Anonymous and the genre of this book is realistic fiction because most of the things in this book could happen in real life.

          Now I’m going to give you a summary of the book. I don’t know where the book takes place because it doesn’t say in the book. The main character of the book is a 15 year old girl, but it doesn’t say her name in the book. The conflict of the book is addiction to drugs. The 15 year old girl who used to be a honor roll student was invited to a party. In that party they played a little game and they handed each person a soda including her. There were 14 people in that party. When she took a sip of the soda she began to feel weird. That’s when one of the kids told her that 10 out of the 14 sodas had LSD in them. LSD is a type of drug. When the drug effect was over she left like she needed to do it again. The day after she was feeling depressed and she couldn’t sleep at all. These were the effects of the LSD. She didn’t want to feel this way so she began to experiment with other kinds of drugs. After she did it once her whole life changed, she used drugs as a part of her everyday life. She slowly began to lose everything that used to be important in her old life. She became careless. Everything changed for her just because of one drug trip. The mood of the book is mostly shocking because of what happens to her after taking her first drug trip. The theme of the book is to never do drugs and to see the consequences of taking drugs.

Review: 


          I liked the book because it gave me the point of view of a 15 year old girl. Which is sort of close to my age. What I remember most about the book is what happened to her after she took her first taste of drugs. Yes, I would recommend this book because it actually gives you a inside look on drugs and it is pretty scary. I would recommend it to anyone. The viewer should go and get this book because it is pretty life changing. This girl used to be a honor roll student but by just taking one drug trip she ruined her whole life. She ruined it in less than one year. This book is actually based on a true story of a 15 year old girl.

I commented on Evie, Lillian, and Diana's blogs for this week.


8th Graders: Diego and Sarai

5 comments:

  1. I think you shouldn't pause so much, and I think you should introduce what you are talking about like now I am going to give you a review. It sounds like an interesting book:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds interesting. You say the word 'book' a lot in the fist few sentences. Instead of saying "Now I am going to give you a summary" you should just say what you were going to say. Other than that good blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate your review and the rest of your book talk. I think you should try to use different words so you do not over use the same world. While in the most part you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a great Book Talk. You explained a lot without giving out any spoilers. I agree that you paused a lot but I think everyone paused in their Book Talks. This sounds like a really good book to read and I'm looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book talk is really good and the book "Go ask Alice" sounds interesting. I think you did a good job summarizing this book which made me want to read it. The only thing that I noticed is that you paused a couple of times and you announced some of the things that you were going to do. Overall, it was good.

    ReplyDelete