Friday, February 20, 2015

Global Collaboration Reflection 2/27/15

My Reflection  

          Entering 7th grade my level of global awareness wasn't that high and I didn't really know what it meant. I had thought that global awareness meant news around the world. Global awareness actually means collaborating with people around the world. My collaborations and projects with my Swedish and Indian pen pals certainly did change my level of global awareness. This projects have changed my level of global awareness on certain topics. First of all, I thought that in India and in Sweden they didn't know, and they didn't speak english. Secondly, I have learned a lot about their cultures and their backgrounds. Something else I learned is about the kind of sports they play.

         My perspective on other cultures have also changed a lot. I have learned a lot about people's backgrounds, and a little on people´s religion. I learned that Hindu is a Indian religion, and I have not yet learned about any religions in Sweden. Since what my Swedish pen pal has told me, in Sweden it is common to have a lot of animals. In India I have learned that people in that country have traditional dances and have folk dances too.

           The two most interesting things that I have learned so far are the sports they play in India, and how my Swedish pen pal and me have a lot of stuff in common. In India I didn't know they had a sport called kho kho. In Kho kho there are 10 or more players, these 10 players are sitting, 2 players run. In this 1 player has to chase the other player. Other players sit in between in the form of line. Then the one running player say kho by stabbing at seated player’s back to run and so that the other player can catch other player. Me and my Swedish pen pal have a lot in common such as music, reading, and in school too. I have learned a lot with this Global Collaboration project




2 comments:

  1. I did not know about the sport Kho Kho either. I saw a mistake in the first paragraph you spelled "thought" as "though". Other than that this is an excellent blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! I didn't know about most of the things they said either. Also, you put "though" instead of "thought" and you put "Swedish" instead of "Sweden", but besides that great blog.

    ReplyDelete