Monday, February 16, 2015

Poetry Response


           
          The poem I chose to talk about is "My Best Friend" by Brianne Green. This poem is about a long friendship. The author is describing her best friend and how she's always been there for here. She's describing how long and how much she likes her friendship. I think the author wrote this because she might have experienced with this kind of a long friendship. She is saying about how much she loves her best friend because she has always been there for her. The author is also describing the memories she has had with her best friend so far.

I picked this picture because it relates really well to my poem. This picture says that "GREAT FRIENDS are hard to find, difficult to leave & impossible to forget." This relates to poem because both talk about how important a friendship is. They both are basically saying to value the friendship you have with someone cause great friends are hard to find in the world these days.




This poem makes a text to self connection. I have a friend who has always been there for me. That friend is Irma Gualpa. Me and Irma have been friends since 1st grade. We have always been there for each other, through thick and thin. When we are at our worst we know we can count on each other. I trust her a lot. We can keep each others secrets. I know I can trust her with anything and she knows that about me too. We have never turned our back at each other and we don't plan on doing that. We can always be ourselves around each other cause we have known each other for a long time. Her friendship is really important to me and I hope we keep being friends for a long time.

My Best Friend
By: Brianne Green
I have a lot to say
About my best friend
She has always been there for me
When in need
I don't know what I would have done
Without her in my life
She is kind
Loving
Caring
Here by my side
For the good and bad
We shared a lot of
Laughter
Along the way
We hold each others secrets
Deep in are hearts
Never shall they be said
Never shall we turn against each other
Always will be here for her
And she will always be here for me

No comments:

Post a Comment