Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Blog for 5/4/15 (AoW Impression)

Prompt: AoW Gallery Walk Reflection

          Throughout our gallery walk, I have learned about what has been happening around the world so far. For example, one thing that I have learned is that dogs and human interaction actually makes a positive impact in the mood of the dog or a person. I was informed by this from Joseph's article. When a human is feeling sad or depressed a dog could help improve their mood by like playing with them. Having a dog could be useful in some cases. This reminded of how Candy had a bond with his dog in the book Of Mice and Men. They have also tested wolves to see if they can do the same thing to humans. As it turns out it is possible for wolves to do that but the mood change isn't as much as dogs. This was interesting because I didn't know dogs could be able to make such a positive change in a human's mood. (I don't have a dog and that's why)



          Another article I found interesting was Omar's. His article was about giving out free water in California. I found this interesting because I never thought people would give out water just like that, and free. The water is processed, fresh, and clean. Which means it isn't low quality water, it is drinkable water. They give out everyone (poor people) a gallon of water for the day but they can refill it and use as much as they want. I found this interesting because I never thought anyone could just give out fresh water for free.

          These are two of the articles I found the most interesting to me. I could've never thought dogs could improve a human's mood. I would never thought of this because I don't own a dog so that's porbably why I would've never thought of that. I also never thought that in California people would be giving out free water. I would never thought of that because since California has drought problems. These are the two articles I found the most interesting.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your blog because I liked how you made a conection to the book we had just finished.

    ReplyDelete