Friday, May 15, 2015

End Of The Year Reflection Blog

My Reflection

Prompt: 
1. What are the three most important things you learned this year? What is something we did this year that you think you will remember for the rest of your life? 
2. What was the nicest thing someone in our class did for you this year? What is something you taught your teacher or classmates this year? 
3. In what area do you feel you made your biggest improvements? 
What is something you accomplished this year that you are proud of? What was the most challenging part of this year for you? 
4. What was the best piece of writing that you did this year? Why do you think it is your best? Of the books you read this year, which was your favorite? Why? What advice would you give students who will be in this class next year?

           The three most important things that I've learned this year are new vocabulary words, how to write a proper paragraph, and how to write an argumentative essay. The vocabulary quizzes we did this year are important because that's how I have learned many new words and I can remember things more. How to write a paragraph is important because you have to have a strong topic sentence and supporting details. How to write an argumentative essay is important because for when you have to debate something and you have to know how to write it properly.

          The nicest thing that someone did in our class was bringing in food for all of the class parties we had and when Evie helped me out with homework. Evie helped me out when I didn't know there was homework and when I didn't understand it. In all of the class parties cooperated and brought food for each other. I think this year everyone got closer to each other. We all have memories we won't forget. I think everyone in this class is really kind and nice to each other. Something I taught my classmates this year was that Google is making their own wireless wifi service and right now it only works on the Nexus 6.


           In the are I think the area that I made the biggest improvement in was writing a paragraph. I learned how to write a strong topic sentence and how to support it. Something that I accomplished this year that I'm proud of is that most of the time I managed to get 100% in most of my vocabulary tests. The most challenging part for me was the poetry unit. I'm not really good with rhyming words or coming up with a creative story. 



          The best piece of writing I did this year was my Death with Dignity paper. I think it was the best because that's when I learned how to properly write an argumentative paper with a topic sentence, supporting details, thesis, counter-argument, etc. Of the books I read this year Go Ask Alice was my favorite. It was my favorite because it showed how by taking a drug your whole life can go downward and it is based on a true story. 


My advice for the students who will be in this class next year is that you should be really organized and manage your time wisely. I say this because I had trouble organizing all of my homework and I also had trouble managing my time wisely. You will have to do articles of the week, blogs, and vocabulary tests all in one week so you should be really organized and not waste your time.


I commented on Sonny's, Justin's, and Lillian's, blogs.

3 comments:

  1. Great blog Jared! All that I can say is that you should have made a separate paragraph for the future 7th graders! Otherwise great Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This weeks blog was great I enjoyed reading it the only problem is that you have some grammatical errors in your writing, but others wise you did good.

    ReplyDelete