Sunday, May 22, 2016

End Of The Year Reflection Blog

1. What are the three most important things you learned this year?

           The three most important things I learned this year is the importance of living life, the holocaust, and having empathy for others. The book Tuesday's With Morrie taught me that you have to live life to the fullest because you never know when your time will come and then you won't be able to live anymore. I learned the importance of the holocaust this year. At the beginning I didn't really know anything about it besides the fact that it had to deal with Germans and Jews. I learned how the Jews were so mistreated by the Jews and all the different ways the Germans killed them (hanging them, shooting them, the gas chambers, etc). This class taught me to have empathy towards others. You always have to see things from people's point of view to understand them better.

2. What is something we did this year that you think you will remember for the rest of your life?
          Something that I will remember for the rest of my life is the class itself. We are all nice to each other and we have all had some nice memories in this class. We might get off topic a lot but the class can be pretty fun sometimes. Like when we have one of those class parties and everyone is enjoying it. Everyone seems to get along with each other so I'm really going to miss all these people.


3. What was the nicest thing someone in our class did for you this year?

            The nicest thing someone in this class did for me is helping me out with the homework. Everyday that I missed school my classmate's helped me catch up on all the work I missed on. Yareli is one of the student's whose helped me out this year. She's been so nice to me this year. She's helped me out on the homework when I don't understand it or when I'm absent she helps me out. She's one of the nicest people I know. Thank you so much Yareli!


4. What is something you taught your teacher or classmates this year?

          Something I taught my classmates this year is to do their work on time. Our class really struggles when it comes to doing our work on time. I've taught some of them that it's better when we all do our work on time and with quality because what's the point of not doing it when you already know what to expect? It's better to do your homework earlier so you don't have to worry about doing it later, be organized and use your time wisely. If you don't you'll just end up behind the whole class and you'll have to make up even more work.


5. In what area do you feel you made your biggest improvements? What is something you accomplished this year that you are proud of?

          In an area that I think I've made biggest improvement is probably grammar. I used to write fragments thinking that they were sentenced. Those mini lessons we had on grammar really helped me out. The commas lesson we had helped me out a lot too. It made me realized that I put too many commas in the wrong places. It also gave me a reminder on FANBOYS and how to use them. My writing has really improved from the beginning of the year up to now. In the beginning I used to be really shaky on my writing since I didn't really remember much from last year. Though, the TIQA format and the grammar lessons we had really helped me. I think I really improved on my grammar and writing. 


6. What was the most challenging part of this year for you?

           The most challenging part of this year for me was probably the argumentative essay. It was probably the hardest thing for me because I'm really used to writing from first person point of view. It was complicated not using the words "you" and "I". I had to work on having my essay not sounding bias. Though, the lessons Mrs. Larson gave us really helped out because it gave me ideas on how to make my essay better than before. Though, I really improved and now I think I'm a better m writer than last year. 


7. What was the best piece of writing that you did this year? Why do you think it is your best?
          The best piece of writing I did this year was probably my speech. I think this because it's a piece of writing where I really get to express myself and use my own style of writing. I really get to express myself and say what I value in life but the time restriction we have really blows it off because I don't get to say everything I want too. My speech is pretty short because of the time restriction but if their wasn't one then it would be way longer. I think this is probably one of the best pieces of writing I've done this whole year. 


8. Of the books you read this year, which was your favorite? Why?

          Out of all the books we read this year Tuesday's with Morrie is my favorite. I really enjoyed reading this book because of all the things it teaches you. I would really recommend this book. It taught me a lot about life and society. It taught me to enjoy life at it's very best because you never know when you'll time will come and by then it will be too late. It also showed me how lucky I am to have this life and be this healthy because their some people out there who aren't able to enjoy life like me. It could be because they have some certain disability or are very sick. It showed me that not everyone has the opportunity to live life fully and the ones who do just take it for granted. I would really recommend this book to anyone. It's such a great book!


9. What advice would you give students who will be in this class next year?

           Some advice I have for the students who will soon be in this class is to be organized and manage your time wisely. Always have some kind of notebook where you can write your assignments down because if you don't you'll just forget all the homework you had and fall behind. If you keep forgetting your homework you're just going to create a bigger hole for yourself which will be harder for you to get out of. Just be an organized person. Keep all your work for each class in an specific folder. Don't mix all of your papers in just one folder because then it will be harder to find your homework and your assignments. You might end up thinking that you didn't finish an assignment when you just mixed it with your other work. Also, manage your time wisely. Don't spend too much on an assignment when you could've finish two during that same time. Put your phone away and focus on your homework. Manage your time wisely and don't get distracted too much.




          

No comments:

Post a Comment