Friday, March 13, 2015

3rd Quarter Reflections

My Reflection


          From all the books I have read this quarter my favorite was Go Ask Alice by Anonymous. This is my favorite book because it taught me a lot about life and how if you take drugs you can go from being a good student to a person who sells drugs to minor kids. In my 40 book challenge I'm currently on book 21. The book I am reading right now is The Scorch Trials by James Dashner, and it is my 21st book in the 40 book challenge. Something that I have accomplished from the beginning of the new year that I am proud of is the 40 book challenge. I never thought I would go over half, but now I have accomplished that. Now I am on my 21st book and I'm proud of that.

           The area I think I made my biggest improvement in Language Arts was writing. At the beginning I wasn't so good at writing paragraphs with supporting details, textual evidence, topic sentence, etc. My blog since August have improved a lot. At the beginning of the year I wasn't so good at writing summaries or things about my book, but throughout the year I have improved a lot. I am better at writing summaries and with a topic sentence. Some strategies that have helped me are on how to write a paragraph with fully supported details and a topic sentence. Those strategies are the ones that have helped me the most.


           The most challenging part of 3rd quarter for me was the poetry. I am not as good with poetry and I am really bad at coming up with verses that rhyme. My research skills have improved a lot too. At the beginning I didn't know how to use MLA citation but now I use it for all of my projects. I have also learned a lot about the world so far. I have learned a lot about Sweden and India. In Sweden it is almost like the US but the climates are different and they have different customs. The same thing goes to India. My pen pals have helped me learned a lot about their countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment